Most of us are familiar with the sharp pain that stabs your back after stressful activities such as sitting for hours in front of the computer or after intense training at the gym. Lower back pain, also known as lumbago, can occur to anyone at any time.
A scientific study shows that lower back pain is most common after you turn 35, but I have to admit that I just turned 31 and lower back pain is my middle name. Yes, I sit in front of the computer all day long. Not suffering from lower back pain would’ve been a mystery. Fortunately, back pain can be kept under control.
So, after experiencing lower back pain, I decided to become a member at the local gym and get a personal trainer. There are some improvements, but I have to work and train harder in order to get satisfying results. Sometimes, even if I train, the back pain is still present. But, until I will manage to strengthen my back muscles enough to support my spine, I combine exercises with some natural remedies. More precisely, a homemade cream which is a lifesaver if you suffer from lower back pain! Actually, this homemade cream is great for arthritis, joints, bones and sore muscles. and the best thing is that you can prepare it yourself if you purchase the following ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
1. Warm up the mustard.
2. In a small bowl mix together all the ingredients until blended (stir for about 5 minutes).
3. Place in a seal tight small container.
How to use:
1. Before applying, slightly warm the cream and apply directly on the sore area.
2. Place plastic wrap over the area.
3. Cover with a towel and leave for at least 3 hours. It’s best to apply before bed.
4. In the morning, remove the towel and plastic wrap and wash the affected area with soap and warm water.
5. Repeat the treatment for 2-3 days in a row for best results.