Everyone snores occasionally, but no one can snore as my husband! It actually sounds like an old and rusty hauler. So, how should I sleep in all those gargly noises? If I don’t fall asleep before he does, I’m doomed! It will be a long and staring at the walls night.
However, in order to save my marriage and enjoy some sleep, I went to the pharmacy to buy some snore strips which turn out in being a huge waste of money. These strips work for a few minutes, but somehow the snore comes back. They may work for other snoring humans, but my not for husband!
So, I came up with some sort of remedy in order to control his snoring, but not before informing myself about these creepy nocturnal sounds.
What causes snoring?
Snoring happens when you can’t move air freely through your nose and throat during sleep. This makes the surrounding tissues vibrate, which produces the familiar snoring sound. People who snore often have too much throat and nasal tissue or “floppy” tissue that is more prone to vibrate. The position of your tongue can also get in the way of smooth breathing.
Age, overweight, nasal or sinus problems, alcohol, smoking, medications and incorrect sleeping posture are some of the factors responsible for snoring. So, before trying any nasal strip or clip, you should better cut the cord of the problem.
Homemade Snoring Reliever
Things You’ll Need:
- 2 packets of gelatin
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 cup of water, divided
- 2 small mason jars
- Marjoram, peppermint, eucalyptus, and lavender Essential oils
1. Heat 3/4 cup of water in a small pot.
2. Add 1 Tbsp of salt, and stir until the salt dissolves completely.
3. Slowly, add the gelatin and stir until is dissolved.
4. Remove the mixture from heat and add the remaining 1/4 cup of water.
5. Pour the liquid carefully into the mason jars, then add the essential oils.
6. Add 5 drops each of marjoram, peppermint, eucalyptus, and lavender essential oils, for a total of 20 drops in 7. each jar.
7. Place the jars in the fridge to cool and solidify.
How To Use:
Before bedtime, open the jar and hold it near your nose. Take a few deep breaths through your nose, then leave the jar open on your nightstand while you sleep.
If the gelatin will liquify, don’t worry! Just stick it back in the fridge and it will solidify again.