We sit in front of the computer for hours, we walk through dust and exhaust fumes, and our eyes react to all this. The eyes look red, they tear, and that sensation of a foreign body in eyes persists. Here are some remedies for irritated and itchy eyes:
1. You can use dill seeds to treat itchy eyes: use 30 grams for 1 liter of water, boiled for 5 minutes long. Take the bowl from the heat and put your face over hot steam, covering your head with a towel.
2. Grease your eyelids and your eyebrows with marigold ointment, lie down on the bed and apply cotton pads soaked in Swedish bitter over your closed eyelids. Apply this treatment daily for 1 hour. Eyelids should be mandatory greased with marigold ointment because Swedish bitter is very strong and can cause irritations.
3. Elilot tea: put compresses on the irritated eyes.
4. Prepare an infusion of 1.5 liters of boiling water and elderflower and lime blossom in equal parts, 50g of each plant. Soak sterile compresses in this infusion and apply on the eyelids for 15 minutes. The infusion must be lukewarm before being applied.
5. Another remedy with miraculous results is to wash the eyes with cornflowers infusion. Place two tablespoons of cornflowers per 1 liter of boiling water. Wash your eyes with warm infusion. This infusion has very good effects on wrinkles too.
6. Zucchini slices applied on the eyes also give amazing results. Place zucchini slices on your eyes and cover them with a wet towel for 15 minutes.
7. Cucumber slices applied on the eyes have very good effects for soothing irritated and itchy eyes.
Image Credits: Beauty Glimpse