Eczema and psoriasis – two separate conditions that share the same symptoms of painfully dry, tight and itchy skin! Even if there’s no treatment whatsoever for easing the itchy symptoms of these conditions, at least you can keep the symptoms in check using some natural alternatives to prescription drugs and creams.
How Psoriasis And Eczema Feel Different
Eczema causes an intense itch. It can get so bad that you scratch enough to make your skin bleed.
Psoriasis could also be itchy, but there’s something extra going on. Your skin may sting or burn. Some people say it feels like you’re getting bitten by fire ants.
Places where these two skin conditions show up
- inner elbow
- behind your knees
- Scalp and face
- Lower back
- Palms of your hands
- Soles of your feet
Being two different conditions, the treatment is different. However, since they are strongly related by dry skin and itchiness, you can keep most of the symptoms under control using various home remedies. One of the best home remedy I’ve been using for years in order to treat eczema is a homemade eczema relief salve. Since prescriptions didn’t help much, I decided to use prepare my own remedy and it’s better than any other over-the-counter ointment.
So, grab some ingredients and start preparing what I like to call: Miracle Ditch-The-Itch Salve
- 5 tablespoons of rosehip seed oil
- 2 tablespoons of avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon of sea buckthorn oil
- 1 teaspoon of vitamin E oil
- 1 tablespoon of beeswax
- 2 tablespoons of shea butter
- 10 drops of helichrysum essential oil
- 8 drops of geranium essential oil
- 2 drops of tea tree oil
- Combine the rosehip seed oil, avocado oil, seabuckthron oil, vitamin E, beeswax, and shea butter in a Pyrex measuring cup.
- Heat in Bain Marie until the beeswax melts. It will seem like the beeswax will never melt, but it will. Just keep stirring.
- Remove from heat and set on a hot pad or other heat proof surface.
- Let cool until no longer steaming. If you add the essential oils when it’s too hot, it will cook off the oils.
- Add the essential oils and stir well.
- Pour into a heat proof container.
This is a softer salve, so it’s easy to apply. It soaks into your skin quickly, so the oils won’t rub off and stain clothes or any surfaces.