“Inflammation and a buildup of mucus in the chest can cause unpleasant symptoms like wheezing, sleep difficulties, and a sore throat. Congestion is also often accompanied by a cough that brings up phlegm.” This is what most doctors say, and everyone that suffered of common cold, experienced these symptoms at some point.
I had a terrible flu two weeks ago consumed most of my vitality. And when I finally said, it’s over and it passed, a horrible productive cough installed. I was coughing and wheezing like an old donkey, until my kids surprised me with a natural coughing syrup. My kids are amazing and thought that they should care after their mom, so they prepared me a cough syrup after my grandma’s recipe. Actually, it’s the same cough syrup I administrate to them when they are sick.
So, first, my kids prepared me the “awful, but effective cough tea”…
4 cups of water
1 sliced onion
How to prepare:
Put the water to boil in a pot and when it reaches the boiling point, add the sliced onion. Le t it boil for 5 minutes, strain and drink it while is hot. It taste horrible, but you can sweetened it with honey or add some ginger to it.
…then, they gave me every one hour one tablespoon of the following 100 % Natural Cough Syrup…
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 2 T fresh of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of water
1. Add the cayenne pepper, ground ginger, honey, apple cider vinegar, fresh lemon juice, and water to a jar with a lid.
2. Tighten the lid and shake the jar to mix the ingredients well.
3. Store, with lid tightened, in the refrigerator in between uses.
4. Shake again to mix well and eliminate any settling that has occured prior to using.
5. Take 1 teaspoon at a time to soothe sore throats and coughs.
6. Repeat every couple of hours, or as needed.
…and before going to sleep, I drank a cup of Ginger Milk!
You’ll need a small slice of ginger root and a glass of very warm milk. The first of the two ingredients has expectorant properties and if we add the warm milk it can eliminate the phlegm that bothers you so much. It is a wonderful remedy to take at bedtime. Mix both ingredients and drink it before it gets cold. It will help you to fall asleep and breathe better.