In order to have a long and beautiful hair you should adopt a diet rich in nutrients, especially vitamins and proteins. It’s important to have a healthy, balanced diet that includes foods rich in iron (to prevent hair loss) and B12 and E vitamins (to have a strong and thick hair). The most important proteins are found in fish, eggs, red meat and green leafy vegetables (chard, spinach, etc.).
1. Forget diets that make you feel worse. Even if you want to lose weight, you still have to eat healthy. Diets low in nutrients not only help you lose weight in a “wrong” way, but they also don’t provide the substances necessary for a healthy and strong hair growth. The effect will be just the opposite.
2. Use only cosmetics that help strengthen your hair. Both the shampoo and the conditioner should be appropriate for your hair type (oily, dry, mixed, damaged, etc.). Apply a hair mask once a week – either natural (honey, banana or avocado) or purchased from the market.
3. Hydrate yourself constantly: drink two liters of water a day in winter and three liters in the summer. Water helps you have a healthy hair, restricts the negative action of the environmental factors and removes toxins that slow hair growth.
If you’re not used to drink plenty of water, wear a bottle with you wherever you go. Some people download mobile apps to remind them to hydrate. You have to make the water consumption a daily habit (this will take about three weeks). Besides water, you can opt for teas or juices.
4. When you wash your hair, massage your scalp for a few minutes to stimulate blood circulation and to allow nutrients from shampoo and conditioner to penetrate the hair roots. Don’t rinse with hot water, as this leads to follicles dilatation, causing hair loss.
5. Avoid excess dyes and chemicals, as they affect hair health. Use natural products or home-prepared masks, or market products that have less chemicals or are less harmful. The same applies to hair care products based on heat, such as the curling iron and the hair dryer. Don’t use them every day, but only when absolutely necessary.
6. Some people say that hair grows faster when is cut in a certain way, but this has not been proven. A beneficial practice for hair that makes it more beautiful and healthier is cutting the split ends.
7. Heat some olive oil and apply it on the scalp. Rub it into the skin and leave it to act for about 10 minutes. Rinse the hair and wash it as usual. This way you stimulate blood circulation through massage, scalp will become healthier, and the impurities that clog pores and hampers hair growth will be removed. You also should prepare a mixture of three drops of lavender oil, three drops of rosehip oil and two drops of jojoba oil and thyme and apply it on your scalp in the same way.
8. Comb your hair twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening. Use gentle movements and, if possible, first apply a moisturizing cream. Brushing stimulates circulation and “feeds” your hairs. This usually helps you start your day with a better state of mind.
9. Another trick: Peel and chop some onions, add water and boil them. Take the bowl from heat and allow the mixture to cool, then slip the liquid and rinse your hair with it after a proper washing. In this way, the hair will grow faster and will be brighter.
10. After washing your hair, mix half a liter of warm water with a quarter cup of apple cider vinegar and apply it on the hair and scalp to stimulate hair growth.
11. Avoid hair care products containing silicone, as they only provide the “illusion” that your hair is healthy. In reality, they only mask the real state of the hair and they deteriorate it even more, because these products “load” hair follicles, preventing hair growth.
12. Don’t wash your hair every day. Hairs hardly recover after the action of heavy chemicals in shampoos and they dry (sometimes it feels to the touch). Wash your hair two or three times a week, allowing your scalp to fully produce natural oils that help hair growth.
Image Credits: Janey Jessen